Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Waterworks

Small Works, Pastels


Atlantic Ocean Sunrise

I finished this small pastel painting this afternoon, and it will be one of several small pastel paintings of Atlantic Ocean Sunrises. These are 8" x 8" just like the small mixed media distressed paintings for The Waterworks. As the recession continues despite all reassurances from the government and other sources that it is over, most of us continue to save rather than spend. Unfortunately that means most people are unwilling to buy larger more expensive artworks, though I continue to believe that my work sells at bargain basement prices. Also, friends assure me that making smaller artwork means that people can find a space to hang it more easily.

1 comment:

Betsy Grant said...

I love the beautiful simplicity of this work.